Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

A Pandemic Hypothetical.

Let’s say you have a child about seven or eight years old in the New York area. You have noticed that during the pandemic he has gotten angrier to the point where he or she yells at you if they don’t get their way. Will that worsen when surrounded by kids their own age?

Anger and the acting out of said is NOT a fast and firm scenario that can be ameliorated by the wave of a hand! We need to get to the root cause of their anger. Here is a quick tip…As a New York area child psychologist I have observed that your child may or may not be angry because of your treatment. In my experience, parents sometimes grow the anger by their reaction to it.

Now that the problem has manifested itself, it is time to return to “normal.” That means we should have a talk. My name is Dr. Steven Sussman a noted child psychologist serving the Metropolitan area from my office located in Mountainside, NJ. Please take a look at my website sussmankids.com and call me for a consultation at (908) 217-8106.

No comments:

Post a Comment