Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Breaking the Daily Routine.

I know that the pandemic has disrupted nearly everyone’s life. What has it done to your school-aged kids? Just like us, anxiety during this period would be expected and, in fact, is a normal response. Take it from me…child psychologist Dr. Steven Sussman, children’s adjustment to a new school schedule, whether it’s remote or otherwise, could vary a great deal based on age and your child’s individual personality or temperament.

In younger kids for example, psychological distress might manifest itself in new or worsening behavioral problems. They may have difficulty with symptoms such as aches and pains or changes in sleep or appetite. Even your older kids may also experience somatic symptoms, as fear, nervousness, stress, and irritability.

If you live in the New Jersey area, I don’t have to tell you that we have been hit particularly hard. The end of this trial will come (very soon, I hope). Let me help you find a “new norm” with your school-aged kids. My name is Dr. Steven Sussman. Please call me at my office in Mountainside, NJ at (908) 217-8106 and visit me online at sussmankids.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment