Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

What the Schools Can Do to Help.

I obviously cannot personally consult with every troubled pre-teen in the New York/New Jersey area. I want to impart some advice to you, the school administrators, well before the 2022-23 school year begins. Together we can help the youth of our area…one kid at a time. My name is Dr. Steven Sussman, a child psychologist with an office in Mountainside, NJ.

Here are some suggestions gleaned from my decades of experience –

1.  Administrators…educate your staff AND the parents as best you can.

2.  Promote emotional competency.

3.  Maintain a positive and safe environment at your school.

4.  Reinforce positive decision making.

Above all, interact with the parents and the children of your school district to build a strong post-Covid environment. If you need to talk (and that includes school leaders and parents as well) please call me. My name again, is Dr. Steven Sussman and my number is (908) 217-8106. Better yet, read all about me at sussmankids.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment