Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

One of Life’s Toughest Challenges…Being a Single Dad.

Could there be a more challenging assignment for a man than to become a new single dad with children at home? I can’t imagine! It does not matter if you have lost a spouse due to death, abandonment, divorce, or whatever, the transition is daunting. Let me help. I am a New York/New Jersey area child psychologist Dr. Steven Sussman.

Here are some tips –

 

1.  Establish regular routines.

2.  If you are a dad with a daughter, help her find good female role models.

3.  Dole out household chores.

There are many more scenarios of course, and there will be a certain amount of “testing the boundaries” to be sure. My name again, is Dr. Steven Sussman and I have been practicing from my office in Mountainside, NJ for 30 years. Please let me help you through this trying time. Virtual sessions are now available. My phone number is (908) 217-8106 and my website is sussmankids.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment