Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

That’s It…I Give Up!


No, that is not the answer (rarely is it the correct decision in life).  This is especially true with your kids.  In a quiet moment have you ever asked yourself why is it so easy to go from “zero to 60” when our kids make us angry?  There may be many contributing factors, not the least of which may well be because you allow it to happen.

In a real sense when we reach the point where we react emotionally we’re allowing the behavior of our kids to determine how we’ll behave rather than the other way around!  This is often because we believe that we need to get our kids under control, rather than taking a moment to stop and think and say, “Wait, let me get myself under control first before I respond.”

The primary reason I write this is to make those of you who are the “adults in the room” are just that.  The question is…are you able to cut back on the yelling, the scolding, and the over-medicating that leads to a stalemate?  Let’s talk about this.  My name is Dr. Steven Sussman a child psychologist located in Mountainside NJ.  Please call me at (908) 217-8106.       

No comments:

Post a Comment