Pages

Monday, August 17, 2020

CBT…Are You Familiar with it?

CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy. It is a problem-focused approach that aims to teach children up to teens in your household a variety of coping techniques to help improve their mood and effectively manage difficult situations that arise in everyday life. It may be conducted in one-on-one sessions, or it could be offered in a group setting.

In this interpersonal psychotherapy my goal is to reduce the symptoms of depression by increasing social support and improving your child’s ability to manage his or her situation. In the first phase of treatment, I will link your kid’s mood to changes in interpersonal situations, such as relationships with others.

Together we will work out what triggers his or her depression. The plan has been developed over many years…and it should work for your children! My name is Dr. Steven Sussman. My practice is out of Mountainside NJ and I serve the New York City Metro. Let’s get to the bottom of what is bothering your kid. Call me anytime at (908) 217-8106.

No comments:

Post a Comment