Who is this new generation, anyway? They have been dubbed Generation Z. These are the kids born late in the 20th century until about the middle of this current decade. Do you know them? Do they know themselves? How do they differ from the much-maligned Millennials that have been an easy target for critics?
Here are some key differences painted, of course, with broad strokes -
1. They are less focused. They have been raised in a world of constant updates.
2. Gen Z’s are really good multi-taskers.
3. They care about frugality because they were brought up during a recession.
4. Many of them opt for the workforce over higher education.
5. They tend to be fierce individualists.
One thing that has not changed (and probably never will) is that they need to learn what it takes to cope with the challenges of the real world. Dr. Steven Sussman, noted New York and New Jersey child psychologist has brought out the best in young people since Baby Boomers were riding tricycles! Make an appointment at his Staten Island or Mountainside NJ office to meet your Generation Z(s) by calling (908) 217-8106.