Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Here Kid, Memorize this and Go Home.

Have you ever felt that way about your child’s school?  Schools in the New York City area and throughout the country are established to turn out students and send them back into the real world.  As a child psychologist I often hear about “the shutdown learner”.  A child simply shuts down rather than doing classwork or homework.

When I hear about these traits, I look for some of the signs such as –

1.  Unusual obsession with the computer
2.  Instructions are meant to be disobeyed or completely ignored
3.  Can’t understand the written material presented
4.  Plenty of negative self-talk
5.  Simply giving up academically

Please do me and, more importantly, yourself a favor.  Go to my website sussmankids.com and visit the ODD tab.  Here, you will find an article on “shutdown disorder”.  It may be one of the most helpful reads you have ever had.  After that, please give a call at (908) 217-8106 and we will talk about it at my Mountainside NJ or Staten Island NY office.

No comments:

Post a Comment