Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Why is Group Therapy Preferable?

We do things in groups.  Our kids attend school with others.  They participate in activities such as sports with like-minded individuals.  As adults, we generally go to work in an office with other people.  Life happens, generally in groups.  Why shouldn’t child therapy do the same thing?  The answer seems apparent.

Here are a few reasons why your child should be in a group rather than one-on-one –

1.  It focuses on the here and now and not individual history which could get in the way.
2.  Sharing equals meaningful exchanges with peers…the real world.
3.  It is more relaxing for everyone taking the pressure off of the individual.

I am Dr. Steven Sussman.  I believe in group therapy for kids and I believe that you will see my vision.  We have group therapy sessions in Mountainside NJ and Staten Island NY.  I invite you to visit my website at www.sussmankids.com then give me a call to arrange a consultation at one of my offices.  One phone number will reach me (908) 217-8106.

No comments:

Post a Comment